Monday, June 21, 2010

eREADER

I want one. I've tossed this idea around over and over again. For me there are always books I want to read and its a real pain in the butt to be dragging them around all over the place. An eReader stores up to 350 books and they are in one place all the time. No only that, they cost the same as buying a book at the store AND you can get them from the library as well.

So I tossed around the idea of a iPod instead - to small and I don't need the music part of it and I can get online with my cell phone, which is attached to my hip to begin with as it is my only form of communication with Nancy since she can't hear. And who doesn't want the new iPad. But for $600.00 I'm not ready to take that plunge yet and will wait until the price comes down a bit or buy a used one off e-bay in time.

So I've been bidding on one that I like. I haven't been so lucky yet and of course this week probably isn't a good time to do it considering we are in need of a sump pump first and foremost. But I'll keep looking and eventually I will get one. I'm excited because this weekend I really wanted a new book that was released in the Twilight Saga and of course can't get it!!!

I was having one of those days where I missed my life in Winnipeg where I could go and get whatever I needed whenever I needed it and there was always a store that had that thing and it was usually open. Sometimes life in a small town can be SO frustrating. Like last week. I needed diapers and of course Walmart is the best place for that and had to ask a friend of mine to pick them up for me. I hate doing it but what else can you do?

Anyways, off I go to check the auctions again and then take my little man to town for a grad haircut.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya about small towns! I wish we were just a tad closer to the city, a 45 minute drive would be perfect. Oh well... Good luck with e-bay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why 45 mins? How about 30 mins? LOL. UGH! I was so frustrated yesterday.

    ReplyDelete