Friday, August 24, 2012

PINTEREST

Pinterest is one of those sites I spend way to much time on some days. In the last couple months I have found that I don't have a lot of interest in the social media site I could not get enough of. I guess I just can't be bothered with people's bullshit. I downloaded the Pinterest app for my iPhone and I do check it regularly. What it is is a site full of ideas. You need a recipe, you'll find it on Pinterest. Planning a wedding, tons of ideas. Well I hate baking. Always have. I'm not one that pays attention to fine details. A problem when baking some stuff. Now well I say I hate it, I still do it because I did do the Killarney Bake Exchange last Christmas and we are doing it again this Christmas. Anyways, thanks to Pinterest I've been doing tons of it lately. Here are some of the things we tried. Firstly Oreo bars. Instead of use rice krispees we used crushed oreos. The recipe called for 5 cups of marshmallows. TO MUCH. I don't know if I would make this one again. Then I made chocolate zuchinni cake. DH loved it, I thought there was a bit of an after taste. Next time I'll shred the zuchini a lot smaller. Loved that I made a chocolate cake from scratch and not a box. Putting my stuff away and tripping over a big bag of apples from my friend Nadine I thought, ooh, apple crisp. I haven't made on in ages. That was a hit. When we had trees in Wpg we had a freezer full of pie filling and apples. DH wants me to make another. Then we made soft pretzels. So good. The kids loved them. I made a small batch cause they aren't so good once they cool off and they were gone quick. I'll definitely be making those again. To get onto Pinterest you need someone to invite you. Sorta dumb but there aren't a lot of people that aren't on it so I'm sure you could find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment