Tuesday, August 7, 2012

GEOCACHING DISASTER

We headed out yesterday for a couple caches before heading out to our neighboorhood summer ritual Flamingo Friday dubbed Flamingo Monday!! Second cache in, LM & I are searching through the bush (we found out later there was a trail). I don't usually let him bushwack with me but I let him this time. 60 meters from the cache according to the GPS and about halfway in, we found a wasps nest. I got two bites, LM, 8!!! Holy fuck, my poor kid. Anyways, he went running out of the bush, I stood there to hopefully take the attention off him and then headed out. He was REALLY upset. We rushed him home, filled him up with Benadryl, threw him in the tub, then covered the bites with Benadryl cream. Then to be sure I took him over to the emerg. He's never reacted to bug bites before but I was scared as hell. The bites weren't even swollen and I had done everything I needed to do. After a slurpee and an Angry Birds smoochy he was okay. He even asked to go caching this morning which is a good sign. We've decided to take a break for a bit and stay out of the Turtle Mountain bushes. UGH! I feel like shit. This morning he is doing good and we've passed the 24 hour mark. He was adamant we go to Boissevain to find a cache that was muggled but we decided to wait. And we'll do some caching next week in Brandon as we'll be there all week. Anyways, we headed over to Flamingo Monday, the kids swam, played and ate. The parents ate & drank. ST is not only a great electrician but he makes AWESOME margaritta's and awesome Pina Colada's. Its great when you like 98% of your neighbors. And the other 2% stay away. Birds of a feather flock together.

No comments:

Post a Comment