Thursday, September 22, 2011

SOMETHING CRAZY #2

I've always wanted a tattoo. I never really knew what I wanted until years ago. Then it was a matter of getting somewhere to get it done.

When Nancy died a girl I know here had recently lost her sister as well and herself, her Mom & her sister went and got matching tattoos in honor of her. Well what a wonderful idea I thought this was.

I got in contact with a lady that lives in Belmont, Manitoba - Big City Tatu. We talked on the phone, emailed back & forth and then she came to my house and measured my ankle.

I was scheduled on June 15th to go for two tattoos. The one I always wanted and the one for Nancy. I ended up just doing one. One because I wasn't sure if I could handle two and secondly, because Bev wanted to see how I'd react to my first, smaller tattoo first.

My very first tattoo - the celtic heart of motherhood.

Its not a great photo as it was taken with my Blackberry but this is right after it was done. It's healed up beautifully and looks just as vibrant now as it did then. Did it hurt? A little when she got close to the muscle but otherwise, no. Like a mosquito bite.


Two weeks later I went back for Nancy's.

This is a copy of my cousin Melissa's drawing and what Bev did the tattoo from. The writing is not Nancy's. Nancy's writing on the final tattoo was taken from a letter she had written me.


I wasn't as nervous as I kinda knew what to expect this time. The edging alone took an hour and then the coloring (7 colors used in total) took another 2 hours. On my way to get it done I stopped by the mail. A copy of Nancy's autopsy report was in the mail!!! What a day for her tattoo right, almost like a sign. Well oh God it this one hurt in spots! I just kept telling myself that Nancy had suffered worse pain than this and I could do it. I cried all the way home like a baby.

The inside of my ankle


The front and side of my ankle.



The back of it.


And the outside of my right ankle with her printing on it.


After that I was totally hooked and booked for another one the first week of August. I love ladybugs and they are good luck. I have 4 to represent each one of us.


I'm already working on number #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment