Friday, August 3, 2012

BYE BYE LAND LINE

After some research DH and I decided it was time to cut off the land line. It hardly rings, I do most of my communicating via text. I discovered that the land line was costing us $70.00 plus a month. There was about $15.00 we could have taken off but we'd still have 3 phones. So I did the research and decided to cut if off. On August 12th our land line number will no longer be and you'll have to reach us by either one of our cell phones. What would make life so much easier is if everyone had iPhones!!! Then you could facetime and not even have to dial. Anyways, in the end it was a savings of about $50.00 a month getting rid of it and setting up some sort of long distance plan for our cell phones. DH is due for a new phone next Winter so I'll be scoring the newest iPhone when his Blackberry contract ends. He'll get the downgrade, lol. While we were on our saving money kick we also altered our satellite programming. $80.00 and change a month!!! To sit in the house and do nothing. No thanks. The problem out here is that we only have satellite as an option as MTS and our local cable doesn't come out to our development. So we ended up losing some channels that we probably don't even watch, kept the ones we really wanted and lost 2 that LM wanted but never watched. Another $14.76 in my pocket! Where else can I make cuts?? Alright, enough useless blubbering from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment